What is a Doula?
A doula is a birth professional that provides physical and emotional support to pregnant and birthing women. A doula provides education and support that health care providers often do not have time to provide. Doulas are not midwives and do not provide medical advice or treatment, but can help educate clients to make the choices that are best for their own unique circumstances and families.
What is a Hypno-Doula?
A hypno-doula provides all the same support a traditional birth doula does, however, is trained in helping clients using Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnoisis (trademark) with special Hypnobabies cue words and techniques to increase comfort and deepen hypnosis during birth.
- Phone and text support during pregnancy and early birthing
- Two prenatal visits to discuss needs during birth, expectations of one another, useful tools for pregnancy and early birth comfort, and discussion of fears
- Assistance with writing birth preferences
- On call for your birth beginning at 38 weeks until the baby is born
- Physical, emotional, and educational support for you and your partner during birthing time
- Will use Hypnobabies language, cues, and techniques for comfort for clients using Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis
- Will continue support for up to two hours after the baby’s birth to assist with skin to skin and breastfeeding, assure you are fed and “tucked in”
- One postpartum visit to process the birth experience, share birth timeline, answer questions